Thursday, July 23, 2009

Stats... and not getting fired

For a long time at work whenever we've complained about working conditions, the standard answer has always been be glad you still have a job because they're seriously considering shutting down this center. Felt a little bit like this dilbert cartoon. (click on it to view the whole thing)

Dilbert.com


So, for the last two weeks in a row we've met our minimum quality stats as a project. My manager tells me that's the first time we've done that since we switched to this project. So I'm really glad. Perhaps I won't be fired after all.

Something about this job has increased my cynicism or something. I used to find Dilbert only marginally funny, but recently I've found it downright hilarious.

2 comments:

kingforaweek said...

It reminds me of certain political thought today. I love the cartoon.

CrouchingOwl said...

What kind of political thought? Nothing in the news recently brings this to mind.