Tuesday, April 29, 2008

On hold

You'd never really guess, but I wait on hold a lot working at a call center. Somebody came up with this great idea that making a rule that only ONE person at a time could take calls for "I want to speak to your manager" would be saving on productivity. If it gets backlogged by half an hour or so sure they might add a few and take them back off, but the rule is one person at a time. I think I spent about half an hour on hold at the end of my shift waiting for that one person.

And, fun of all fun, I listen to the same hold music you do when you call me. So I've heard every ad they play that is driving you nuts more times than I could ever dream of wanting.

1 comment:

Bonnie Jean said...

blah. Companies really should not use advertising as their hold music.