Sunday, November 22, 2009

Swine flu

So I got my swine flu vaccine just a few days ago. I was really impressed by the syringes they were using. Instead of the typical poke you and hold the needle in while they make sure they don't overinject you and then pull it out, it was a spring loaded mechanism so that the entry, injection, and removal all happened as fast as possible. End result was I barely felt any pain at all in contrast with a normal injection. And I don't think it was just my perception either because when they gave the shot to Uriel he whined for a couple seconds and then seemed to calm right back down when he couldn't figure out what just happened because I was covering his face during the injection. Within 2 minutes or so he was back to his normal self. We were expecting a cranky baby all day long after that one.

No comments: